Wednesday, April 1, 2009

HOW TO UPDATE YOUR PRIVACY POLICY

It is recommended now to update the Privacy Policy and I just updated mine already.

Since there are some who don't know how to do it, I will share the things that are needed to do:

1. Open this link - http://www.serprank.com/privacy-policy-generator/index.php

2. Read and fill up the space provided for
  • Type your site URL and your e-mail address
  • If you use cookies, choose it
  • Since this is for Google advertiser information, leave the check for Google Adsense
  • Click "Create my Privacy Policy"

3. Copy the created privacy policy

4. Go to your blogger account and create new post

5. Paste the created privacy policy

6. Click the "post options" at the bottom then choose "don't allow" in reader comments and edit the date (make the date as your very first post if possible so it will not be visible in your first page)

7. Click Publish Post

After publishing the post, try to make the Privacy Policy link or tab in the header so it will be easy and visible for the visitors of your blog.




AddThis Social Bookmark Button

6 comments:

  1. Nice sharing my dear friend. Thanks alot. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! this is really useful and make things easier for bloggers and webmasters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks alot for this post!

    I never had a privacy policy on my blog, and I always knew how to create it but didn't know how to post it so it didn't show up on the first page.

    Thanks I learned something new and just created mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good that you have a privacy policy up. You never know when someone wants to sue you for anything. Better to be safe than sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a noob blogger and this is already the second time I hear about the need to put privacy policy in my blog. I read your post about and to me, it seems that only blogspot.com users are required by Google to post such policy. Am I correct? By the way, I am a WordPress platform user.

    ReplyDelete



Shareasale.com Affiliate SoftwareShareasale.com Affiliate Software - $ 100.00
Shareasale.com Affiliate Software can help you boost sales at your online store. No technical requirements, and can be up and running in a day.
ss_blog_claim=d70e12c71e64a386e00b158454545252 ss_blog_claim=d70e12c71e64a386e00b158454545252